Honey Oatmeal Bread
- 2 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Honey, Karo or Molassas
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 4 Beaten Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 pkgs. Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups Quick Cook Oatmeal
- 2 Cups Fresh Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Dough Enhancer
- Unbleached White Flour
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
- Pour boiling water over oatmeal and set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Mix all ingredients and beat well, then add yeast, being sure everything is lukewarm, before adding.
- Work in enough white flour to make a nice spongy dough that is not sticky.
- Grease top and let rise.
- Knead and let rise again.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes.
- A delicious nourishing bread. You may use as much whole wheat flour as you like. Makes 3 loaves. Enjoy!