Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 Cups Milk or Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Scant 1/2 cup Olive Oil (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- Approximately 14 1/2 Cups Fresh Ground Whole Wheat Flour
- Dissolve yeast, honey and molasses in warm water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring milk or buttermilk to a boil and cool to lukewarm.
- Add cooled milk to yeast mixture, then add remaining ingredients, stirring in flour a few cups at a time until dough reaches a good consistency for kneading.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough and shape into three loaves.
- Place in greased bread pans, cover and let rise (not double in size).
- Bake at 350° approximately 45 minutes. Enjoy!